Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Laketrail TT #1

It’s finally nice again in Chicago. Warm weather, sunny skies, and lake paths filled with people, bikes, and roller blades. It makes going outside so much easier.

Anyways, hit up a Laketrail TT this morning with Tim Daugherty. This wasn’t as pure of a TT as last year as I had the help of Tim pulling every now and then. Got a good hard effort in, clocked at 43:15, 2 seconds off my best time last year, which sounds like I’m just about where I was hoping to be at this time. I didn’t feel great or really even good at any point until the last 5 minutes of the ride, so I’m thinking next weeks time should absolutely dip below the 43 minute mark and probably even lower.

Tim, Kuikman, and I also suited up with radios on an evening ride last night. Felt very P-R-O. They should work very well on the Chicago-Bloomington ride (which we’re still trying to figure out the official name of). I also threw new tires on the machine, rode in my new kit, and actually configured a cyclometer that works on my bike (cateye > polar). Now its just a matter of getting rid of those leg hairs that are oh so cumbersome to cyclists and I’ll actually feel like a real rider again.

Anyways, some more hard efforts Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and then a few days off as I’m starting a ‘crash cycle’ per Joe Friel’s book ‘The Cyclist Training Bible’, basically in an effort to prepare myself in the event I do go down to the Joe Martin Stage Race in early May. The training is pretty much go super hard for two weeks straight and then recover for a week. Repeat the process and you should see some decent gains in performance.
Anyways, looking forward to being active outside this week! So nice out.

No comments:

Post a Comment