Monday, March 30, 2015

Recapping the 2014 Season

So I haven't really recapped last season yet. It was certainly the busiest season I've had with a full spring road schedule, a full calendar of local track racing, and the entire ChiCrossCup Calendar resulting in 89 races over 47 race days. Just to recap and have closure on last year - my major track highlights included:
  • Illinois State Individual Pursuit Champion (P/1/2)
  • Illinois State Madison Champion (P/1/2)
  • Illinois State Team Pursuit Champion (P/1/2/3)
  • 1st - Tomasz Pac 100 Lap Memorial Points Race (P/1/2/3)
  • 2nd - Illinois State Points Championships (P/1/2/3)
  • 3rd - Northbrook Rider of the Year (P/1/2)
  • 3rd - Illinois State Kilo Championships (P/1/2/3)
  • 4th - Illinois State Scratch Championships (Roger DeLanghe Trophy Race) (P/1/2/3)
  • 4th - Illinois State Keirin Championships (P/1/2/3)
In addition, I had a decent year on the cross bike resulting in six Top 5 finishes, including 3rd''s in both the ChiCrossCup Standings and State Champoinships in the 3's earning my upgrade to a 2 at season's end. I also had a sandbaggers 2nd in the 36 mile Barry-Roubaix open category early on in the year (the same race that I just mechanical'd out of last weekend). On the road, I had a handful of Top 15's on the early season crit calendar, but mostly was happy with how active and good I felt throughout each race.

I counted 14 wins and 29 podium finishes during 2014 over a variety of disciplines without having burned out mentally or physically at all - which is as much a win as anything else. So yeah, close the books on 2014! Time to look completely forward as we build on that this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment