Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Boulder-Roubaix

Saturday was the Boulder-Roubaix which is a 75 mile half gravel, half pavement road race where road bikes are still the weapon of choice. Given the week of training and the altitude adjustment on my end, I was happy with how I felt during it, but unfortunately got a puncture at almost the halfway point of the race which ended my hopes of finishing with the group. I just decided to finish up the last few laps and get a good workout in for the day as it was my last opportunity to ride in Boulder.

The race had a decent pace throughout, certainly fast, but not insane. Guys in the back had a bit of tailwhip issues through the corners and as well through the long gravel sections as several times some of the pro CX'ers in the field hit those sections hard. Splits seemed to be occurring, but nothing that wasn't impossible to close back up. Early on there were a few classic water bottle mine-fields caused by some bumpy sections and riders not having there bottles secure-enough in their cages and there were about three significant wrecks nearby that I was more than happy to avoid.

Anyways, great experience racing with those guys. Here's my full race below.






No comments:

Post a Comment