Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Joe Martin Stage Race Looming...

The final week of a nice three week training block is here, and included in that is a nice trip down to Fayetteville, Arkansas to race the Joe Martin Stage Race. Weather's looking like rain and thunderstorms for the long Friday Road Race which could make for a rather interesting day. The Men's 1-2 race consists of a short uphill time trial on Thursday, a 110 mile road race on Friday, an 86 mile road race on Saturday, and a 50 minute crit with a little hill on Sunday. Certainly not things in my wheelhouse, but should provide a nice fitness boost. We leave tomorrow morning early with a team of seven of us looking to work for one or two guys that have a chance of doing something big in the overall.

The past two weeks have provided some nice training. Boulder ended up being a 380 mile week with significant elevation, and last week ended up right around 350 miles - all my rides are generally listed here on Strava. So, Joe Martin Thursday-Sunday and then back to Chicago for a rest week I'm very much looking forward to. Should be a nice time to relax, get everything in order, and book up the rest of my racing trips this year. But yeah, first up is focusing up on not getting time cut at Joe Martin and if I'm successful there, helping out our team leaders throughout as much of the race as I can. I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to the challenge, but I'm really looking forward to having the experience and what it should do for the rest of my season.


No comments:

Post a Comment