Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Superweek - Schlitz Park

Date: 7/18/2009
Race: Schlitz Park Crit
Course: 44 laps with a good hill on a .8 mile course.

This race sucked.

If you weren't going uphill, you were flying downhill, or going 25 into a turn, or advancing position, or getting jacked up by the 1000's of bumps in the road.

I can climb faster than 95% of the guys out there, but I concede at this point, without proper training, at around hill repeat 25 my legs begin to haphazardly lock up quicker than most.

Bottom line of this race: I saw a group of 10 attack. They were stronger than the rest of the field. I tried to bridge (ride by myself trying to advance from one group to the next) for around a mile. I connected at the top of the hill with that group and severely tightened up. Race over. To make matters worse one of the bumps jarred my glasses off. I went back to find them, and someone had already taken them.

Leg strength will be priority #1 in one month.

No comments:

Post a Comment