Tuesday, June 2, 2015

What's Up Next? 6/2 Edition

So the road season unfortunately is coming to a close for me as track season gets fully underway. This was easily the most fun I've had racing my road bike in years. I think a lot of it was the success I had, but probably moreso the teammates I had racing with throughout the last few months. It's really got me thinking about my goals for next year and whether or not attacking the road heavier would be a higher priority. Regardless...that's a tale for another time. Hopefully I'll be able to spot race a bit here and there but to recap the season: 1st's at Glencoe and East Dundee, a 2nd in the Fox River Omnium, a 5th at Elgin, 2nd in the field sprint at Monsters for 8th, and 3 Top 25 finishes at Joe Martin with a loss of only 2:03 to the leader rounds out roughly the last month of racing. I would have taken that 20 times out of 10 if you took me back 6 weeks trying to figure out how I'd not get time cut in the 110 mile road race in Fayettesville on the drive down.

My main objectives for the year kick off Friday as I'll be flying out to TTown Friday morning for a 15km Scratch Race later in the evening. Hopefully I can score some NTC points there and get a jumpstart on the competition for the remainder of the year. Details on the races will be posted here.

Schedule
6/4 - Northbrook Velodrome - The Madison
6/5 - TTown - 15km Scratch Race (UCI / NTC)

Now off to kick this cold I got while racing in the rain at Glencoe. Worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment