Monday, June 1, 2015

Glencoe / Cobb Park Weekend

Well it was another good weekend of racing albeit the weather put a damper on the festivities on Saturday. Maybe next year it will be gorgeous like it usually is and we can enjoy the night time activities in Glencoe.

Anyways, I won the Glencoe GP 2/3 race on Saturday. I stayed up front the whole race. On the last lap Ben LaForce came around me with about two thirds of a lap to go and got me in perfect position. On the final hill a Sammy's rider jumped and I followed assuming that was the train. I stayed there until the last corner and jumped and got the W. Here's the video of the finish.


Cobb Park was on Sunday and the field was incredibly stacked. There were several domestic elite teams there along with many of the top criterium riders in the country. I did a pretty good job of staying nearer the front as I figured splits in the pack would happen. With about 12 to go a big move got away with most of the riders teams represented. I jumped hard and bridged to it in what I'll call the hardest single effort I've ever physically done. I rested for a few minutes and it looked like the move was away. I was getting pretty excited about sprinting against some of the best guys around but alas somehow the group got brought back. On the last lap I went down and my race was over - just some minor abrasions and stiffness, so all good. Really good experience today in any event.

No comments:

Post a Comment